Gazala: The Cauldron
The battle around south of Toburk, May 27th to June 14th, 1942
Posted by Ken Kmak on 9th Jul 2017
I continue to be impressed with the quality of the Revolution games. The map paper and counter thickness is excellent. The counter are 5/8" for this game - how unusual! I have not played the game yet but did read the rules and watched a video before I ordered so I doubt I will be disappointed with game play. I look forward to more Revolution Games fun in the future.
Posted by Stephen Oliver on 9th Jun 2014
Have not played the game as of yet - only now reading the rules. Here are some initial impressions so far:
1. The rules are well written with some interesting chit pull mechanics. I look forward to playing. Not very many rules which is a definite bonus for me. (I don't like it being too complicated.)
2. Map is very nice. It brings forth the desert very well and is pleasing to look at. Clear and concise.
3. The colors chosen for the counters leaves much to be desired. Black numbers on dark brown was NOT a good choice. Hard to read except under close examination. I think light brown would have been a much better choice. A bonus is not very many counters so the difficulty of reading will be minimized.
4. Charts are well presented and easy to read. Well done.
5. The proof is in the playing. Will update my review later.
Thanks. Stephen Oliver